29 January 2010

monte-silo house


A cool living space found in Woodland, Utah. Completed in 2006, this 1,800 square foot home sits next to the Provo River and accommodates a single man and his weekend guests. The circular house is made from two linked corrugated metal grain silos arranged to allow visual access to the river, and the southern exposure to ensure passive solar heat gain during the winter. It also includes a bed in a box concept where each box is equipped with stereo sound and a flat screen monitor. Designed by Gigaplex Architects.

1 comment:

  1. To Whom It May Concern:
    I am a freelance writer for an online magazine called Environmental Graffiti. I need permission to use a few images of your silo conversions for an article I am writing on the subject. You may contact me at asher_kade@yahoo.com. You can also view my work at :http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/users/asher-kade
    I look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Asher Kade

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails